Social media app from Google that tracks your social circles
Google + (or Google Plus) is an Android application to access the platform of the same name; it's a social and business network for friends and businesses alike.
Google + recently came into the limelight as more businesses and people began to use the platform over its competitors. It may not be at the same level of Facebook, but it's growing rapidly. As such, Google released this complementary app. There's no question that Google + is a great way to share pictures, information, videos, and more. But does the mobile app's performance match this excellence?
Fortunately, Google appears to have taken no shortcuts while producing this app. It loads very fast and takes advantage of Google's unique compression and caching algorithms to make an almost seamless connection. Like most modern non-gaming apps, it essentially is an alternative browser for HTML5 websites. However, this app provides a unique advantage in terms of speed and stability that no browser in conjunction with the Google + website could possibly match.
In short, Google + is a must-have for anyone who uses the platform regularly. If you use it on a phone browser, you're missing out on the experience. In addition to the speed boost, you can also upload media directly from your phone to Google Plus from the app and get only the custom alerts you want to. There's no real downside to using this app.
- Lightning fast and supports even poor connections
- Allows direct media uploads from your Android's library
- Some argue it's just a browser that can only access Google+
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- NFC: Allows applications to perform I/O operations over NFC.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- SET_WALLPAPER: Allows applications to set the wallpaper.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.